App developer Tactus TherAppy Solutions has generously offered to give away two copies of their Comprehension TherAppy app to accompany my review of it! (And it’s just in time for National Aphasia Awareness Month!) The primary purpose of the giveaway is to get some of my lovely readers a free app. 🙂 The secondary purposes of the giveaway will be to increase critical thinking about using apps and get SLPs/SLTs/SLP2Bs to share their experiences. To do this, I will be doing a random drawing of two winners. To enter, you must comment on one or more of the blog posts offering some thoughts about the app (e.g. how you use it, how it could be used, pros/cons). The more posts you comment on, the more likely you are to win–you can earn one entry into the drawing per post you comment on! Rules have always made me nervous (I tend to think of them more as guidelines), so here are some suggestions for participating:
1. Your comments can be as long or as short as you’d like, but try to provide some quality information. The point is to share with current and future readers so that they will have a better understanding (and more viewpoints than just mine) of the app.
2. You can comment on ANY of my posts to enter. Again, the more posts you comment on, the more entries you get into the giveaway drawing. Comment on as many posts as you’d like. 🙂
3. Sharing does not necessarily have to involve how you’ve used the app on which you’re commenting. If you’ve never used it before, feel free to comment with questions or concerns, different ways you could see it being used, etc. If you have used the app, is there anything you’d like to add to my review? Any more pros/cons, therapy applications, objectives that can be addressed, etc? Your options are endless. 🙂
4. Any SLP/SLT is welcome to participate! And SLP2Bs, if you will soon have a use for this app or could use it in practicum placements, you are more than welcome to participate as well!
5. Make sure your comment isn’t anonymous, or I won’t know who to give credit to! You don’t have to give your full name if you’d prefer, but make it so that you will be easily distinguishable. Also, make sure you’re following me on Twitter (@atklingensmith) or are following the blog so we have a way to contact each other if you win.
6. The giveaway contest will end next Thursday, June 14th. Any comments you make between now and then will be entered into the random drawing, and two lucky winners will come away with a great app.
Good luck, and have fun! This is a lighthearted opportunity to win an app and share knowledge between SLPs! Feel free to comment below, email me (atklingensmith @ gmail . com), or contact me on Twitter with any questions.